In the surrounding area, there are many things and places waiting to be discovered ....Enjoy your stay!
: With the AlmencardPLUS
, you can use the regional public transport free of charge and also visit 80 museums free of charge
!! Discover South Tyrol – free of charge!
- Cloisters Neustift: One of the most important Tyrolean cloisters. Visit the genuine Roman (today Baroque) church with the famous ceiling frescoes by Matthäus Günther, as well as the medieval cloisters with frescoes dating back to the 14th and 15th centuries, the Rococo library with a valuable hand-written collection and a specialist gallery with an impressive collection of Gothic panel paintings.
- The towns of Brixen, Bruneck, Bozen and Meran invite you to stroll, shop and enjoy your surroundings. It is worth making a special visit in Brixen to the cathedral square, as well as the Diocesan museum and the museum of nativity scenes. In Bruneck, there is the MMM-Messner Mountain Museum Ripa. Ötzi and his findings form the central part of the South Tyrolean Archaeological Museum in Bozen. The gardens of Castle Trauttmansdorff are unique Botanical Gardens with more than 80 varied landscapes along a sunny hill just above the town of Meran.
- Dietenheim folk museum: Beautiful, old farmhouses set in enchanting landscapes. The ADAC has awarded this museum, as one of the most beautiful outdoor museums!
- Weekly markets in Mühlbach, Brixen, Bruneck and Bozen.
- Mining museums: The Schneeberg was once the highest altitude mine in Europe and produced the longest in the entire Alpine region. In Prettau (Ahrn Valley) they mined for copper for more than half a century. In the former ‘grain box‘, the food warehouse of the mine, you will find the Steinhaus mining museum. A further adventure mine can be found in Villanders.
- MMM - Messner Mountain: Messner created a mountain museum that simply is unique. With a central museum in Sigmundskron and using the motto ‘confrontation between mankind and the mountains’, this museum, together with the four other branches, each present individual mountain themes,. Other MMM locations are MMM Ripa in Bruneck - MMM Juval in the Vinschgau region - MMM Ortles in Sulden am Ortler - MMM Dolomites at the Monte and Rite in Cibiana di Cadore.
- Other museums and destinations … with the AlmencardPLUS it’s all-inclusive!