Feel the magic of winter in the ski region Gitschberg Jochtal and be inspired by your kids’ enthusiasm. With its diversified and family-friendly skiing area for small and grown-up skiing professionals, the Gitschberg Jochtal ski region offers ideal conditions. Broad pistes and the Wood Line in the F-Tech Jochtal Snow Park guarantee fun and diversity. In our certified ski schools for children, kids can learn how to ski with ease and joy. After all, Gitschberg Jochtal ranks among Italy’s best skiing areas for children.
On a fun tobogganing ride or a merry snow-shoe hike to one of the over 30 Almen, you will experience unforgettable moments. Three times a year, the FullMoonDINNER - Sagenwanderung takes you into the snow-drenched winter wonderland of the beautiful Rodenecker-Lüsner Alm. South Tyrolean specialities create culinary moments for adults and children alike.
Immerse yourself in the Gitschberg Jochtal winter world.
Activity tips for families
- Skiing in the Gitschberg Jochtal skiing resort, practicing first tricks on skis or on the snowboard in the Snow Park Wood Line and enjoying apple-strudel in one of the original lodges.
- Weekly programme: Guided snow-shoe hikes.
- Visit the Steinermandl viewing platform (starting point: Jochtal summit station) with breath-taking panorama views of over 500 summits and mountains.
Excursion tips for families
- Winter hike to the snow-drenched Almendorf Fane.
- Trip to Bruneck for strolling, having coffee and visiting the MMM - Messner Mountain Museum Ripa.
- Swimming and sauna in the Alpinpool Meransen experience world with impressive views of the Dolomites.
GIMMY’s snow flurry tips for kids
- Eventful afternoon on the natural toboggan run Rodenecker-Lüsner Alm (Alter Almweg).
- Weekly programme: Exciting torch hike in Vals or to the Großberghütte in the Altfasstal.
- Weekly programme: Merry horse-sleigh ride to Meransen.