The residence Freyenthurn to Rio di Pusteria (today sacred Institute heart) during the time
The massive building "Ansitz Freyenthurn" dominates the scenery nearby. An architectural monument, built by Chancellor Metternich in 1840, is a large granite bridge over River Valles that connects the Reichstraße. The medieval tower, built between 1269 and 1277 by Georg von Enzenberg and his sons, was originally going to become a family residence surrounded by walls. The residence was expanded over the years, as the west wing and the upper floor of the arcade were added. When the line of descendants from Rio di Pusteria became extinct, the heirs sold the residence to the Canon of Bressanone Hirn, who left it to the Tertiary Sisters. Since 1856 the residence started functioning as a monastery school of the Tertiary Sisters.